Is this wrong? A Wargamers plight and a question

On Saturday the 21st, my girlfriend and I were driving along I57 Northbound to Decatur Illinois to a Bruce Campbel book signing. Anyways along that long a desolate road I found myself thinking, "You know this looks alot like those Russian Steppes, this here field that is as flat and goes on as far as the eye can see." I later found myself watching for brush piles and bean fields out of which I would place an ambush of three little men standing on a blue square. Hmmm that clump of trees over there could hold a 37mm ATG rather nicely, and ohh my this long road would be a prime place to test long distance armor penatrations of a Pz VG and a T-34. Later on the return trip, I told Sara (the afore mentioned girlfriend) and she gave me a balnk stare as if to say, "We just went to a Bruce Cambpell signing where the geekiest of the geek come out to, yet you have managed to even cross that border." All the while I was thinking, hmmm well withing this border of kinggeekdom, where could I arrange my troops to provide the best killing zones for the new cover arcs that I have been dreaming of. After 4.6 years, I now believe that Sara (see above) has seen all of the aspects that there are too me. Now when driving down the road, she (Sara) will ask, "So Mr. Paulas, where would you place your precious little soldiers?" And in reply I have to say, "Honey, those aren't just any old soldiers, those are Finnish Conscript Fit troops which will rip the enemies tanks apart with their bare hands and eat the crews inside! Little soldiers my arse, hmmphhh!" So now I sit here, late at night waiting, wanting, and hoping that my copy of CMBB will arrive tomorrow so that I can in fact deny the sweet sweet lovin to Sara as retaliation for making fun of my wargaming geekness. Battlefront, you should market relationship guides for the lonely wargamer and sell them on the website for 19.95 plus 7 dollars S&H. Now only if I can remember why I even botheres writing this drivel.

-NOTICE QUESTION BELOW-

Ohhh yea, how do the trench systems work? Are they only in striaght pieces? Do they provide total concealment while units travel within them? How much cover do they aford? Are the themseles visible froma distance as are craters and such?

Thanks,

[ September 24, 2002, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Clinton ]

Kanonier:

On your first break from CMBB (ignore any other trivial, real-life matters) find a copy (beg, borrow, rent, steal) of "Army of Darkness".

Watch it, then go and find a copy of "Evil Dead" and "Evil Dead 2" (you will want to at this point).

You will then either become a Bruce Campbell fan, or you will have been utterly disgusted by some of the most campy cinematic horror ever committed to film.

Originally posted by Sgian Dubh:

Kanonier:

On your first break from CMBB (ignore any other trivial, real-life matters) find a copy (beg, borrow, rent, steal) of "Army of Darkness".

Watch it, then go and find a copy of "Evil Dead" and "Evil Dead 2" (you will want to at this point).

You will then either become a Bruce Campbell fan, or you will have been utterly disgusted by some of the most campy cinematic horror ever committed to film.

Thanks for the heads up. I've certainly heard of Evil Dead & Evil Dead 2 but never bothered to watch either of them on video. Is this Campbell guy the director or lead actor of the films you mentioned?

Regards

Jim R.