CMBB to include opponent finder?

Heya All,

Does anyone know if the next Combat mission will include some sort of built in opponent finder for TCP (or PBEM) games?

I was throwing around the idea of creating one, but dont want to obviously if its already going to be built in.

What would you want from an opponent finder?

Cheers

Dale

Or at least Game Spy support. While I prefer in-game browsers, GS does serve a useful purpose. I've wondered if we should petition GS for SMBO and CMBB support; is this really the player's role? Or is it something the developers should be doing? Or am I the only one that thinks it would be a good idea?

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Basically, what I've heard of GameSpy (LameSpy, GaySpy etc...) is that it is BAD . You don't want to install that. I know I don't, because it's spyware. Ever heard of the term ? Then head off to www.spywareinfo.com .

I agree on bad things about gamespy. I dont like it. I would much rather loose all the hassle of trying to sign in, having to DL new versions all the time, and the general immaturity that existed there. I will use the opponent finder I have always used: me.

I personally think an in game opponent finder would be an excellent thing...barring that some sort of deidcated external CMBO one could be cool.

The message board is OK for finding a PBEM game, but not appropriate for a tcp game IMHO. As for the ME posts being the best opponent finder, that might be cool if your friends are into CMBO...but alas mine usually aren't.

Cheers,

Dale

[ August 24, 2002, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: MCP ]