General questions about AI and scenario design in CMBB

Earlier discussions are prompting me to ask this, and I couldn't turn up anything definitive in a search.

1. Is it possible to do any sort of AI scripting in scenario design?

2. If the answer to #1 is no, do the scenarios that accompany the game have any sort of hard-coded AI scripting? Or are the bundled designer scenarios identical to the average user-design variety (assuming higher quality control in the former, of course).

The manual breaks things into Op, Strat, and Tac AI, which all makes sense to me, but I just want to be certain I understand this clearly. Are we saying that a scenario designer's only real interaction, outside of playtesting, is to create the map, the background and intelligence report, and assign respective forces and/or reinforcements? Forgive me for asking--I just haven't done any scenario design on this particular series yet.

1. Is it possible to do any sort of AI scripting in scenario design?

No

2. If the answer to #1 is no, do the scenarios that accompany the game have any sort of hard-coded AI scripting?
No

Or are the bundled designer scenarios identical to the average user-design variety (assuming higher quality control in the former, of course).

Yes

Are we saying that a scenario designer's only real interaction, outside of playtesting, is to create the map, the background and intelligence report, and assign respective forces and/or reinforcements?
Yes

Although exactly true, that assessment misses some real flexability that the designer has.

Number and placement of flags, terrain, padlock v. non, hiding v. non etc. can have a real impact on AI behaviour.

With some work, you can get surprisingly different results. Placing AI troops, even on the attack can be key to helping the AI make a decent battle of it.

I'd tend to think that on the smaller scenarios, you could get pretty close to history, since operational variance goes way down and strategic AI initiatives are limited enough to direct the AI to perform historically "valid" moves based on setup (assuming the designer has done a good job assigning zones and addressing all of those indirect variables).