For Madmatt et al regarding saving a turn to send to a player.

My cousin and I often play on the same side vs the AI. We would both like to see the results of a game turn. Right now we each take turns doing the GO and then tell the other person what happened. Is there a way (after the green and the blue bars have run their course) to halt and save the game before starting the VCR ? Then send the saved VCR to the other player so we can both view the turn?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

IIRC, there is no way to do it. However it is one of the frequently asked for additions to CM2 (ie seeing the entire movie or bits of after the battle is over).

It can be done if playing PBEM, since you can save the movie turn to watch over again.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

My cousin and I often play on the same side vs the AI. We would both like to see the results of a game turn. Right now we each take turns doing the GO and then tell the other person what happened. Is there a way (after the green and the blue bars have run their course) to halt and save the game before starting the VCR ? Then send the saved VCR to the other player so we can both view the turn?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiya, Louie.

You can only save a turn during the orders phase. Say it's your turn to do the orders. So, you plot your moves, but before you hit "Go" you save the game. You could e-mail the saved game to your cousin, thus each of you could watch the events unfold. Then your cousin could do his orders and save before hitting "Go" and send it back to you.

Hope it helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

So, you plot your moves, but before you hit "Go" you save the game. You could e-mail the saved game to your cousin, thus each of you could watch the events unfold. Then your cousin could do his orders and save before hitting "Go" and send it back to you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this won't work. If you take an identical saved orders file and hit "Go" multiple times, you will not always get the same result. So the two players will see different (possibly VERY different) turn results.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L.Tankersley:

Actually, this won't work. If you take an identical saved orders file and hit "Go" multiple times, you will not always get the same result. So the two players will see different (possibly VERY different) turn results.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Leland, good point. Didn't think of that. Sorry, Louie.

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]