Exiting Troops vs Victory Flags (No Spoilers)

Is there a specific formula in calculations for victory when it comes to exiting troops vs holding a victory area? Or does it set by the scenario designer?

If all of your troops are eligible for points upon exit (and cost you points if you don't exit) and their are also victory flags present - what is a flag's relative worth?

Scott

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather lose all the flags with surviviors, then die on the hill, with no survivors...

Usually if you are having this debate with yourself, the chances are you need to get out of there...... smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Highlander:

Is there a specific formula in calculations for victory when it comes to exiting troops vs holding a victory area? ...what is a flag's relative worth?

Scott<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I knew, but I suspect the penalty for not exiting troops is pretty steep, based on my experience. I was playing a scenario where all of my force was eligible to exit. I pushed 25-33% of my units off, using the rest to hold the two small (100 VP each) flags and fight my equal-sized opponent. It was a toss-up on casualties--each of us lost over half of our starting forces (it was a dark and stormy -err, foggy--night...), and as I've said I had undisputed possession of the VP locations *and* and exited a reasonable chunk of my starting force. Both of us felt that my guys had won, yet the program scored the battle about 70:30 in favor of my opponent. The only unknown factor I could think of is that the penalty for not exiting is fairly steep. I'd argue that it shouldn't be imposed against dead units, though, since they've already yielded victory points to the opponent and charging them for failing to exit smacks of double jeopardy!

Jim

[This message has been edited by Iconoclast (edited 07-23-2000).]

Wild Bill,

But if your orders imply that you are suppose to do both (exit and hold the way open for follow on troops), this leads to the dilemma. I will know better next time, and hopefully will thus avoid being horribly crushed.

Scott

Did I not read somewhere that exiting troops gives you double their points worth, and flags are 300 (large) and 100 (Small) points. Getting killed gives the -enemy- double the points because he prevents your escape. (And of course also prevents you from getting the points).

You're probably better off leaving.

NTM