I am debating buying this game

Goodale is now hooked. Only played one small scenario in the demo to get a feel for it and I loved it! The graphics are great and the strategy is unbelievable. I want to match wits with the best of you. I guess the only way to buy it is to order online so I will have to wait a week or so, but that will give me time to get a new card. I'll take the good advice I recieved here about the graphics cards into consideration. I'll most likely go with the GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB DDR AGP card.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to blowing you all up and eating your guts.

Using an ATI card, you will not be able to see fog in the game. While this will not have an effect on the gameplay, it is a definite immersion factor when playing in those weather conditions.
I just built a new system about a month ago and decided against an ATI card solely for that reason. Yes, I could've gotten massive performance on a bunch of other games with the new ATI Pro card, but CM considerations came first.

How's that for a sales pitch? I literally built my system for Combat Mission. Well, an important part of it, anyway.

The only caveat I would offer, however, is that this is a game not especially suited for "casual" military gamers. If you're at all looking for WWII Online, Battlefront 1942, etc, you'll be baffled. But I think you know that already. So go order it!

Edit: Looks like you already decided. On the card choice, I went with an MSI gForce 4400. Great card, pretty neat bundle with it, and good price ( ahem.....newegg.com.....cough cough. Plenty of muscle for FPS games, etc as well.

Enjoy!

[ November 03, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Jack Arilliac ]

Originally posted by SixGunsSouth:

Is the Ti 4600 better than the 4400? I think I'll be going with one of these two. This game can only be ordered online right? EB or Best Buy doesn't carry it?

Yes, the Ti4600 is better than the Ti4400. but it's also more expensive so it depends on how much money you're willing to spend and what kind of performance you really need. I've played a 3000pt QB on a Large map with almost no slowdown on my Ti4400 and all the detail is at maximum so I would have though that a Ti4600 is a bit overkill if you don't want to spend that much money.