Ardennes Offensive

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paul T. Gardner:

Andreas,

I'll definately do a search. I did it the hard way not so long ago - just browsing through. I want to make sure I've got them all though.

Have a good time on Sunday - that's what I call getting in the mood - visit the battle site on the anniversary!!

Where do you live? Is it far to go for you?

I live in the suburbs of London, so Belgium is just a train ride away. I must visit the Ardennes myself sometime...

Until then, I will let CM transport me there smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Funny that, I live in the burbs of London as well - SE23. Where do you live? Will go with Kip and Peter_NZer. I am thinking about Normandy in the summer and maybe Arnhem/Huertgenwald in September/October.

Well, when I say the burbs, I mean the burbs of the burbs! Brentwood in Essex to be precise. With London ever expanding, it appears attached to the burbs on maps. It's an easy trainride into Liverpool street, and then London's your oyster.

Do you work in London? I commute and so am in town during the week. Perhaps we could meet up sometime to talk CM and all things military? Also Kip and Peter_NZer if they're close by.

Maybe we could organise something for the new year as Christmas usually screws up timetables a treat. Well it does for me anyway.

Have a great time in the Ardenne.

Rgds

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paul T. Gardner:

Well, when I say the burbs, I mean the burbs of the burbs! Brentwood in Essex to be precise. With London ever expanding, it appears attached to the burbs on maps. It's an easy trainride into Liverpool street, and then London's your oyster.

Do you work in London? I commute and so am in town during the week. Perhaps we could meet up sometime to talk CM and all things military? Also Kip and Peter_NZer if they're close by.

Maybe we could organise something for the new year as Christmas usually screws up timetables a treat. Well it does for me anyway.

Have a great time in the Ardenne.

Rgds<hr></blockquote>

Oh I will - 16th of December in the Ardennes is a traditional family outing for Germans after all. Now if only I had not waylaid that Kingtiger.

We actually get together for drinks regularly. Email me in the profile (and anybody else in London interested) and we set something up for the new year.