Mac Mod Manager update status

Guest Germanboy

Guest Germanboy

Aikidorat - just recentloy started using it, and I love it. Great stuff, and has transformed the CM gaming experience. Thanks a million for putting this neat little software out.

Keep up the good work.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-07-2000).]

Been about a week or so since the last update:

MCM3 v1.5 went out to testing last night, and barring any major issues should be available this coming weekend.

sound support is in, though still only for mac system sounds. We're going to include a read me on how to convert the .wav files over to mac system sounds using SoundApp, but I wasnt able to get real basic to do this.

other tweaks include:

- auto load resource: what MCM3 now supports is automatically loading and previewing the current texture (in the cm data folder) when you select a mod file. Instead of manually selecting the correct resource, MCM3 now does it for you. Makes comparing new and current textures much easier.

- MCM3 will now remember which data folder you are modifying (after you initially select it). No longer will you have to choose the data folder for each mod. The option is offered in case you want to work on a backup folder, but this speeds up the program a bit. (note: you still have to choose one the first time you convert a texture, but after that the program remembers it until you quit. I may add a preference file later to remember after you quit the program, but not sure if it's needed.

- making a backup of the resource file is now an option. I got tired of making one every time I changed one or two textures...so now you decide if you want one made or not.

- added a log feature that records what textures you have converted, or reverted to. Makes it easier to remember just what textures you've converted.

Some code and error handling clean up, etc. Other minor things added as well.

just thought you'd like to know.

dave

------------------

History is made at night

You're welcome.

and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Makes all the time and effort that have gone into it worth it. (not to mention the fact that it's a lot easier to modify the game now than the old resEdit method).

the two mod managers sure make the game better, as we can easily tweak the graphics (and soon the sounds, with an extra step) to suit our tastes.

v1.5 of MCM3 is even easier and more feature laden. I havent heard recently from bsoplinger regarding macmod, so I cant say where that stands (ie, if there are any changes or updates coming to it).

enjoy, and feel free to email any feedback (gripes and likes) to me.

dave

aka Tom,

i hid that info in the lengthy post above. I tend to get too verbose trying to explain the simple, the mundane, the easy to verbalize stuff, whereas it could be presented in a more concise manner. But where's the fun in that?

smile.gif

short version:

sound manager is in final testing and, with luck, will be ready for public use this weekend.

Oh, it's built into MCM3 v1.5. You convert using the same method as for textures, the program decides if it's a sound or graphic and takes care of the rest.

as mentioned before, you'll need to convert the sounds to mac system sounds before converting (my poor coding skills couldnt figure it out in a fast manor, and I didnt want you all to wait any longer).

we're putting together a readme to show you how to do it, but it's straight forward.

Once converted, appears that they work pretty darn good.

dave

------------------

History is made at night

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aikidorat:

aka Tom,

i hid that info in the lengthy post above. I tend to get too verbose trying to explain the simple, the mundane, the easy to verbalize stuff, whereas it could be presented in a more concise manner. But where's the fun in that?

smile.gif

short version:

sound manager is in final testing and, with luck, will be ready for public use this weekend.

Oh, it's built into MCM3 v1.5. You convert using the same method as for textures, the program decides if it's a sound or graphic and takes care of the rest.

as mentioned before, you'll need to convert the sounds to mac system sounds before converting (my poor coding skills couldnt figure it out in a fast manor, and I didnt want you all to wait any longer).

we're putting together a readme to show you how to do it, but it's straight forward.

Once converted, appears that they work pretty darn good.

dave

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks

Where is your site and where is it posted?

I really do apprciate all the Mac Mod Manager work you put into your software thanks again

-tom w