Some questions about the "Drop to Destiny" scenario on the CD (SPOILER)

If you haven't played the scenario yet, don't read this, because it will give some things away.

I played the scenario for the first time last night, as the US, and I noticed a couple of oddities.

1) What is the purpose of the "Bogus" flag? If you know that it's bogus, why is it even in the scenario? At the same time, why were the Axis forces guarding it so heavily? The AI defended it with 5 squads which, if they had been used to attack the real flag, WOULD have won the game for the AI.

2) At one point late in the game, the "Victory" percentages for the two sides added up to 113%!!!

The score at that time was: Allies 59%, Axis 54%.

I have never seen that happen before. Is there something about the "Bogus" flag that would cause the score to add up like that? (Secret 'bonus' victory points, or whatever?)

At the end of the game, the Axis was firmly in control of the "bogus" flag, but the score had reverted to its usual 'combined score' of 100% (Allies 61% Axis 39%)

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bogus flags create dummy objectives for the defender to defend. Only the attacker sees the flag as bogus. The defender sees it as a valid objective. The purpose of this is to spread the defender, and force him to defend both objectives, while only the attacker knows the one of real importance.

The extra vic points was probably due to the defender thinking the bogus flag was worth something, and his vic points reflected it. Only when the real objective was revealed was the computer able to calcualte the correct percentage.