Increasing delay times with waypoints - not a good system

Guest Mike

This new feature of CMBB has been discussed a bit before but I can't find the thread.

Basically the more way-points you give a unit the longer its initial delay time.

I had an extreme example recently when I gave a couple of h/tracks a long movement order along smoe roads. The delay was 180 seconds more-or-less (more for a few, less for a few!).

I only noticed it when I looked at the movie for the turn and a bunch of troops jsut sat there! :(

Now I could accept BTS's story about it taking time to issue orders, etc.

Except this was on T1!

AND a second group of units was given an order to move to exactly teh same point by a straight line - I got lazy & wanted to see how the AI would path-find for them. They moved out just fine, although their path ended up just as complicated as the original group.

There's a slight problem there IMO!

Now if a Corps level artillery bombardment can occur on T1 for the Russians, you'd think an order to move a kilometer along roads wouldn't be too much to ask for Pzr Grenadiers - or even Waffen Hampsters for that matter (sorry - couldn't resist!).

And you'd think that if an order was going to delay things then it would delay ppl the same amount regardless of how it was given.

sorry BTS - this one rates a C- from me.

Please have another look at it for future patches or games.

"AND a second group of units was given an order to move to exactly teh same point by a straight line - I got lazy & wanted to see how the AI would path-find for them. They moved out just fine, although their path ended up just as complicated as the original group."

There is a lesson her, I just can't put my finger on it.

Maybe indeed! ;)

But why should there be a difference in the delay between the two groups any case?

And of course the difference as it stands applies to anyone - AFAIK I didn't get a special versino of the game jsut for me!! smile.gif

[ November 24, 2002, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]