Going to Arnhem ( Netherlands ). Places of interest ?

Gentlemen ,

Me and my family will spend 2 days in Arnhem at the start of August. Our main target will be Burgers Zoopark ( a MUST SEE ! ), but I am also interested in visiting places connected to " Market Garden " ( the Allied Airborne Museum is on the list ). Are there more places of interest ? Any help is appriciated.

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Gentlemen ,

Me and my family will spend 2 days in Arnhem at the start of August. Our main target will be Burgers Zoopark ( a MUST SEE ! ), but I am also interested in visiting places connected to " Market Garden " ( the Allied Airborne Museum is on the list ). Are there more places of interest ? Any help is appriciated.

Cheers

Tom

I once was in an open air museum with lot's of tanks and weapons...can't remember were exactly it was in NL - it's about 18 years ago, when I was still at school...

Someone knows the place?

Hi Tom,

A nice place to visit, if you have the time, would be the War & Resistance Museum (Oorlogs- en Verzetsmuseum) at Overloon (Scipio, is this the museum you were talking about?). It's about 70 km south of Arnhem, off the A73 highway. I was there last year and took a bunch of pictures. Lots of armor, though many pieces could use some work. There is an interesting Panther G restoration project going on at the moment, though.

I haven't been to the Airborne Museum at Arnhem yet, so I can't tell you anything about it. But they have a web page.

Hope this helps!

Marnix.

yes Marnix you are right.

Overloon is the musuem in Question.

they have a few airplanes, shermans and indeed the panther G there.

Do A search on the museum they have a website available in german and English too.

Also worth wile visiting is the Cavalry museum at the Bernhard kazerne in Amersfoort.

Near my place smile.gif

ew weeks ago I saw a website on the battle MArket Garden with a lot of interesting items.

I lost the URL though