looking for an encirclement/fighting retreat scenario

I'm thinking this would be cool. Start out on a large map, battalion sized forces. Allies on 3 sides with the axis holding a corridor down the middle of the map and small pockets elsewhere on the map. The objective is to get the Germans off the map with minimal casualties. The allies are obviously trying to close the circle and cut off the retreat. Partway through the battle the Germans get reinforcements from the exit edge simulating the main army trying to fight through and hold open the corridor.

I want to design something like this. However, if one has already been done, then I'd like to play it. I checked out V1.02 of Harv's scenario database and did not find what I was looking for (although ASL-CM Beast at Bay sounded promising, it's just the link was broke so I couldn't find it). Anyone know of such a scenario or one that is similar?

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Napoleon1944

Working on 2 historical battles of this sort. Will keep you posted.

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

Working on 2 historical battles of this sort. Will keep you posted.

Was just pointed in the direction of 7 Roads to Hell which is about the true story of the US 101st fighting to break the German encirclement at Noville to get to Bastogne. Just in case you're planning on modeling that battle. You might want to get a copy and see what it's about so you don't duplicate your efforts. Otherwise, keep us (OK, me) posted.

------------------

Jeff Abbott