The Newbie Tournaments IV

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Yankeedog,

IMHO "The Crucible" is more difficult as the Germans. The VG/P squads' have the worst firepower, ever, not to mention the 9man vs. 12man squad size deficit, which is greatly compounded in the Close Combat that dominates this kind of fight.

You may be right - I didn't actually count, though - do both sides have the same number of squads??

My problems has nothing to do with the firepower deficit tho - I had a tendancy to put my spotters in harms way, which hurt me early. . .

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Yankeedog,

IMHO "The Crucible" is more difficult as the Germans. The VG/P squads' have the worst firepower, ever, not to mention the 9man vs. 12man squad size deficit, which is greatly compounded in the Close Combat that dominates this kind of fight.

You may be right - I didn't actually count, though - do both sides have the same number of squads??

My problems has nothing to do with the firepower deficit tho - I had a tendancy to put my spotters in harms way, which hurt me early. . .</font>

Originally posted by voidhawk:

Please don't post details yet as there is still a game in progress!!!

Sorry. redface.gif I had assumed that everyone was far enough along at this point that general information wouldn't effect things one way or the other. I'll shut up now.

Cheers,

YD

More results from the Newbie Rejects:

Voidhawk (US) defeated Silvio Manuel (German) by a score of 53-41 in The Crucible. This was enough for Voidhawk to overtake Silvio Manuel's lead from the first leg of the Group Finals.

So, Voidhawk wins the Newbie Reject Group with an overall score of 96-89 and advances to the Newbie Final Four!

Congratulations to Voidhawk!

More results from the GV Newbies:

Walker (German) defeated Jim Liang (US) by a score of 55-38 in The Crucible. This was not enough for Walker to overtake Jim Liang's lead from the first leg of the Group Finals.

So, Jim Liang wins the GV Newbie Group with an overall score of 97-92 and advances to the Newbie Final Four!

Congratulations to Jim Liang!

• 2 weeks later...

The German players have received the scenario file for "Mix and Match." I hope you have enjoyed the break. ;)

To the Final Four: All of you have made it this far in part because you have successfully adapted your playing style to my scenario design style. That will no longer help you... :D

Originally posted by SuperTed:

The German players have received the scenario file for "Mix and Match." I hope you have enjoyed the break. ;)

To the Final Four: All of you have made it this far in part because you have successfully adapted your playing style to my scenario design style. That will no longer help you... :D

Heh heh, nice one Ted, I never doubted that you are rotten to the core.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Liang has become a casualty of Real Life. Smoky will step into his place.

Welcome aboard, Smoky!

BAH! I think Smoky ought to play vs Walker for the privledge of representing our section! We don't want to just hand it over to the seasoned vets of the other three! Walker kicked butt, and he was kind enough to send me a long detailed message about the final battles (even if I couldn't read it, I am pretty sure it was a long AAR..dang swiss and thier fancy emails...). tongue.gif

Originally posted by White4:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

Jim Liang has become a casualty of Real Life. Smoky will step into his place.

Welcome aboard, Smoky!

BAH! I think Smoky ought to play vs Walker for the privledge of representing our section! We don't want to just hand it over to the seasoned vets of the other three! Walker kicked butt, and he was kind enough to send me a long detailed message about the final battles (even if I couldn't read it, I am pretty sure it was a long AAR..dang swiss and thier fancy emails...). tongue.gif </font>

So, I found a package in my mailbox today. I noticed it was from Switzerland and immediately assumed it was from Walker. When I opened it, I found a large gingerbread pastry inside. I must say those Swiss know their desserts. smile.gif

Thanks, Chris.

I believe we now have a winner for the tournament. ;)

So, I found a package in my mailbox today. I noticed it was from Switzerland and immediately assumed it was from Walker. When I opened it, I found a large gingerbread pastry inside. I must say those Swiss know their desserts. smile.gif

Thanks, Chris.

I believe we now have a winner for the tournament. ;)

Hey, thats how I lost a KEY vehicle in my game against walker! He sent my wife SWISS CHOCOLATE and I got...er...distracted... while doing my turn, and the next thing you know, boom! Game over, man! tongue.gif

Hey! This thread has been dormant for ages and then I don’t call in for a few days and I come back to all this!!

(ok – so how do you make one post with multiple quotes from different posts?)

----------------------------------

BAH! I think Smoky ought to play vs Walker for the privledge of representing our section! We don't want to just hand it over to the seasoned vets of the other three! Walker kicked butt, and he was kind enough to send me a long detailed message about the final battles (even if I couldn't read it, I am pretty sure it was a long AAR..dang swiss and thier fancy emails...).

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

That's a fine idea...I 2nd your idea of a Walker vs. Smoky bout to determine the GV Newbie rep in the Finals...ya gotta earn it, like.

Groan! Just when I thought it was safe to return to this thread without bursting into tears! Where’s the Valium (another fine Swiss product…)?

Guys, I admit I like the idea, BUT … although it hurts to be out of the tournament, as I’m sure you know, I won’t argue with the Tournament Management’s decision in this matter. I had my chance and I screwed up with a dumb dumb dumb smokescreen in the endgame :mad: . I’m sure Ted chose a competent battle-hardened warrior who will do Our Section proud. So: Go Smoky Go!

Originally posted by Superted:

So, I found a package in my mailbox today. I noticed it was from Switzerland and immediately assumed it was from Walker. When I opened it, I found a large gingerbread pastry inside. I must say those Swiss know their desserts.

Ted, I wasn’t expecting to read about my little thank-you-for-a-great-tournament here on the forum redface.gif . As I remarked in a mail, I hope you’re not eating the damn stuff. You’re supposed to place it upright on your mantelpiece so you can visually devour, day in and day out, that extremely cute Miss Frumpy Switzerland embossed on the ‘gingerbread pastry’ (now that’s a quaint term) smile.gif . Doh! Dem Yanks ;) !

Hey, thats how I lost a KEY vehicle in my game against walker! He sent my wife SWISS CHOCOLATE and I got...er...distracted... while doing my turn, and the next thing you know, boom! Game over, man!

Well, unfortunately it arrived two days too late to corrupt Ted. It probably set off a few alarms passing through U.S. customs. The filling looks rather like what one would imagine semtex does :D .