Frequent Crashes...a real bummer

Hey all,

I DL the demo a few days ago, and well it has definitely convinced me to buy, despite the fact that I get FREQUENT crashes(well lock-ups to be precise). And they occur at all different times...set-up, or 25 turns into a game, whether Im issuing orders, or doing placement. A major drag, but oh well...anyone have any clues/tips/help?

I have a P3 667, 256 MB RAM, Diamond V770 Ultra, Creative SoundBlaster Live Value, Tyan 1854 Mobo, Win 98se. Ive got all the latest drivers for my video card and the SB..as well as for my Mobo and BIOS(just reformatted like a week ago).

thanks

and great game(from what Ive seen) guys, thanks!

[This message has been edited by Gung-Ho (edited 06-27-2000).]

What directx are you running? If you recently loaded dirextx 7, then reload your video driver. If you are not on directx 7, then upgrade to it and reload video driver.

At least it is somethign to try.

Rune

I Have the same Graphics card & soundcard as you Gung Ho,did the driver upgrades,installed Direct X7.0a,reinstalled the most update drivers after Direct x install and this fixed all crash problems..was able to run Mod Pack after Charles & Matt fixed the long sound files.Also,the book has some good tips from p160-165.Good Luck