Finnish manual

I just got CM2 (CMBB). The game cover is in Finnish, and it says that the package includes a 266 page Finnish manual. I was disappointed, because I rather have an English manual. But when I opened the package, the manual was in fact in English! smile.gif The package cover mentions www.plan1.fi and www.combatmission2.de.

I am just installing the game, it is unpacking zillion bmps to my hard disk. Ugh.

On the box of the game is a label "sisältää 266-sivuisen suomenkielisen ohjeen" which means "contains a 266-page Finnish guide/manual". Well, the cd does contain that, but it can be easily misinterpreted as physical manual.

Originally posted by Fuerte:

The package cover mentions www.plan1.fi and www.combatmission2.de.

Actually it also mentions Battlefront smile.gif

I bought friday 4.10 CM:BB or CM2 from Akateeminen Kirjakauppa (Academic Bookstore) part of Stockmann department which is situated in Helsinki.

It cost €49.90

CD-ROM was backed in plastic DVD-case, Cover paper was in finnish language.

On backcover there is mention that the game itself is in english language, but game instructions are in finnish.

Inside case there was English language manual. But in manual there was mention that part of the manual was in pdf format in CD-ROM.

These parts were in CM2 CD-ROM according to english language manual.

The Environment PDF4, The Men and Machines PDF 24, TheEditor pdf 63, The Challenge PDF 89, The Beginner's Tutorial PDF 123, The Ostfront PDF 128.

Appendix C- Troubleshooting PDF 142

Appendix D - Index PDF 152

But those parts were not in CD-ROM (finnish version).

But I found file called manual.pdf which was inside of manual folder from CM2 CD-ROM', it was CM2 manual in finnish language in PDF format.

On cover of CM2 case there was mention in finnish "Sisältää 266-sivuisen suomenkielisen ohjeen" it means in English " Includes 266 page finnish language instruction" and back side of CD-cover there was mention about characteristics of game "Sisältää laajan suomenkielisen ohjekirjan" "Includes comprehensive finnish language manual".

I think the cover texts are bit misleading, because many finnish buyers could think that the cover text means printed finnish manual.

So with finnish manual (pdf not printed one) and printed english one, not full (there is no parts in PDF format). :confused: :confused: :(

I tested my the game in my work after working hours (because my home pc is not enough powerful, the game looks promising, sounds are good (thanks for Madmatt)

I like especially sound of braking glass, when the finns are throwing molotov cocktails smile.gif .

I have to uninstall CM:BO (sad) and get rid of CM:BO mods and not so necessary programs to get space for CMBB and überfinns smile.gif

Muuten kaikki suomalaiset pelaajat, CM:BB eli CM2 on hyvä itsenäisyyspäivä- tai joululahja. Koska meidän isoisät ja isät taistelivat itsenäisyyden puolesta 1944 kesän aikana, kuten Tali-Ihantalassa ja Ilomantsissa (ja pelastivat sen ja myös samalla suomalaisen demokratian).

Ok tavallisesti emme anna itsenäisyyspäivälahjoja, mutta CM:BB:n CM2:n pelaaminen on hyvä tapa kunnioittaa kaatuneita sankareitamme, veteraaneja.

Jos minun isoisäni sotaveteraani olisi yhä olemassa, hän olisi pitänyt CM:BB:stä eli CM2:sta

Kauan eläköön Suomen tasavalta!

Translation

By the way all finns players, CM:BB or CM2 is good indenpendence day (6th december finnish independe day) or christmas present.

Because our grandfathers and fathers fought for independence during summer 1944 like in Tali-Ihantala and Ilomantsi( and saved it ja and saved also same time the finnish democracy).

Ok normally we don't give independence presents, but playing the CM:BB or CM2 is good way to honor our fallen heroes and veterans.

My grandfather, war veteran (if he would still live would have liked the CM:BB or CM2).

Long Live Republic of Finland!

I bought the game yesterday, and was also very surprised by the box cover text. It certainly is misleading.

Anyway, did I get it right if it works this way:

* The printed manual is 88 pages english. The PDF extensions mentioned in this manual do not exist on the CD.

* Instead, there is a 266-page full manual in Finnish on the CD.

By the way, what is the web adress of CVD. cdv.de doesn't work, nor does cdv.com. :confused:

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Actually, that was a typo on the old order pages with regards to the Finnish manual. It was fixed some time ago.

So instead you opted to omit the Finnish troop cathegory list from both the Finnish and the English language manual ? tongue.gif