Question about auto-cease fire

First sorry if I don't use the right English terms - I have only the German manual.

The manual says when troops run out of ammo, this will cause an automated offer to cease fire (I assume secretly). Can somebody tell me more about this? Does this function sum up the ammo of my whole force, similary to the general moral? Is this information shown somewhere in the game (about my own forces only, of course)? If not, why not?

Originally posted by Scipio:

The manual says when troops run out of ammo, this will cause an automated offer to cease fire (I assume secretly). Can somebody tell me more about this? Does this function sum up the ammo of my whole force, similary to the general moral?

So far as I know, yes.

Is this information shown somewhere in the game (about my own forces only, of course)? If not, why not?
Not as a whole. You can go from unit to unit to poll them on how much ammo each has and from that form a general impression on your own. One thing that I have begun doing is dropping off units with less than 33% of the ammo they started out with to guard already-captured objectives, rather than using them in continued attacks. This prevents them from becoming too depleted and triggering an automatic ceasefire.

Michael

Originally posted by Scipio:

BTW, does the game even informs me that an auto-ceasefire is ordered for my troops?

Can't say for sure because I haven't experienced this feature yet, but I think all that happens is that you prepare a normal orders phase and when you hit Go, instead of an action phase movie, you get the AAR screen with a ceasefire notice and current level of victory.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scipio:

BTW, does the game even informs me that an auto-ceasefire is ordered for my troops?

Can't say for sure because I haven't experienced this feature yet, but I think all that happens is that you prepare a normal orders phase and when you hit Go, instead of an action phase movie, you get the AAR screen with a ceasefire notice and current level of victory.

Michael</font>

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scipio:

I think all that happens is that you prepare a normal orders phase and when you hit Go, instead of an action phase movie, you get the AAR screen with a ceasefire notice and current level of victory.

Michael</font>