O

I

L

E

R

V

o

T

( Ok, just testing for the full version)

In a PBEM game my opponent drove one of his Shermans into an AT minefield. "Fine for you, Schuggi" you may say, "But whats the problem?"

Well, his tank was parked for several consecutive turns just a few meters in front of it, the crew was unbuttoned, the field was on the road and several squads of his infantry were walking close by without being under fire.

Have only Combat engineers the ability to spot non daisy chain types of minefields?

Do any other units have to walk over them ( and suffer casualties) to become aware of them?

Or was it just extreme bad luck for him?

Guest Scott Clinton

NO unit has the ability to spot minefields prior to the mines exploding.

The sole execption to this are the "daisy-chain mines" this because they are on TOP of the ground not buried.

I am 100% certain of this because I asked Charles this very question about the demo and it makes sence to me, after all nobody has mine detectors in CM...yet wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Daisy chain mines, by their very nature, are used for hasty defense of an area. Their visibility often makes the computer AI take another route to avoid the area entirely (pretty smart, huh). Sometimes I take advantage of this and place a string of daisy chain mines on one road and plant the nastier AT mines in the next most likely path of advance.