Question about Operation Design

I wanted to create a massive Operation that involved the Germans making a huge Assault against the American & British armies.

For some reason though, the first battle, the Americans (computer AI) scrunched all their units into a tiny corner of the map, and I easily wiped them out once I located them. It looked like they were an Assault force...

Are operations for Allied Assaults only?

Any help of what is going on would be very appreciated.

Ummm ...

AFAIK you can't do a "Quick-Battle" style operation. You need to purchase the units yourself, build the map and assign the units initial (default) positions. I don't understand how you wouldn't know exactly what the Allies had available when playing an operation you created.

Unless by "operation" you really mean "scenario." I don't know why they would all cluster in a corner (unless that's where the only victory flag was, or that's the setup zone you assigned).

More info is required. Can you provide a bit more detail as to what you did?

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

I had this happen on an operation when I neglected to give the Germans a setup zone. The units were all clustered in one corner of the map behind the American line. Very interesting when the the shooting started. Once I gave the German units a zone it worked as expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey it dose the same thing to me to mostly on operations.I`ll designate zones and it will put them outside of them.Or all in one corner..Or right up on you dont know whats wrong with it some time its okay and sometimes its not dont know why? Need some help or some ideas with it(very confused with it??????)Lipperd98

I had an issue with AI controlled bunkers defaulting toa northern facing when they should have been west.

It turnrd out that I had the deploment zones East and West,but in the paramaters I had set the north side allied and the south Axis.So the bunkers faced north thinking thats where the attack woould come.

Have you checked the parameters?

Hey a quick note on operations. It is imperative that you do not resize the map, even by one meter, once you have set up your forces in the editor. If you do the porgram will put all the units back along this or that edge.

The other thing to do is also ensure that you padlock the AI's setup if you don't want them moved.

And one other final tidbit. Even in situations weher you want a human player free setup it would still GREATLY help during the game setup phase if you at least (in the editior) group the units into companies so you don't have to go fishing around for units (especially in high unit density games.)

Hope that helps.

Los