Questions re: Fog and night.....

Seems to me that the screen shots I saw of Fog was pretty realistic and made it hard to see even on the computer screen. When I put on heavy fog it gets a little dimmer but I can still see the far reaches of the map. Even at night, I can see the full map area. Am I missing something or is this the way it should be. I've downloaded all patches and mod packs and have a Diamond Stealth III 16mb card, AMD K-7 650 processor and 124 megs of RAM.

Greg,

I have a different graphics card (a 32meg GeForce DDR) and I get the same results as you've described, so I think that it works as designed. I imagine that limiting the players' view of the battlefield wouldn't be consistent with the type of engine that BTS has designed.

Nonetheless, LOS is properly limited in these conditions such that fog and night LOS is usually no more than around 50-60m.