Late suggestion for CMBB

I know this is late, but come on, I just got here... smile.gif

When playing a QB (actually, when playing a scenario, operation too), it would be nice to get a list of what units you have "on the board". Kinda like some scenario makers includes in the briefing:

4x SS Rifle 44 platoon(s)

2x HMG

1x StuG IV

and so on. The list should be dynamic, so if say the stug gets busted, it's removed from the list (maybe put on a "knocked out/eliminated" list). Taking it further, it could be some kind of tree structure, so if you click on the "4x SS Rifle platoon", it expands and you get the units inside that, like in the "unit selection" part before the QB, but you see the ammo load too. Oh and maybe even further, if you click on a squad, you get to see that they are packing, like when you have a unit selected and press Enter, so you can see which one's, if any, are wounded/dead. You should also be able to select/zoom to units from the list.

I would find such a list a welcomed feature, no more pressing the "+" key multiple times to find that missing FO smile.gif

mvh

SuperSulo

SuperSulo,

I like the suggestion. Currently I purchase units in groups when doing a QB. I'll purchase all the OBA in groups (as well as other types of assets) so that I can select one and +/- to find the rest. I also sometimes place them together so that they are easy to find as well.

Cheers!

-gabe-

Originally posted by Rick614:

Welcome

Remember when CMBB comes out it will be necessary to still work/go to school and maintain some contact with your family.

hmm3grin2orange.gif ROFLMAO! hmm3grin2orange.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ March 16, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Stixx ]

Maybe for you Rick, but I plan on increasing the coverage on my car, then driving it out in the rain, wrecking in and spending the next 6 months in rehab living off the state, and playing CMBB. My little girl is almost a year old, so now she has to hunt for own food, cook, and fend for herself.

Another suggestion (sorry if it has been discussed previously) is please can more varied unit portrates please be added to list. What im hoping is each "type of unit has its own. Now all Officers of a branch have the same image, sometimes all portraits of a whole branch are the same. So can Captains have one , Lt's have another, squads have another, gun crew another, etc. More the merrier. I dont think anyone would complain about having 2cd's to install from! This would also be a very minor change "Software" wise. Even if you cant get around to doing a seperate image for each at least have the software access a separate file, even if its a duplicate of another portrate thus allowing a mod to be done at some future stage.

[ March 17, 2002, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: Pud ]