OK, did a search and pulled up a ton of posts...

But a question for the CMMOS folks: The terrain options in CMMOS are pretty self explanatory: Do I want Magua's trees or Gary Kump's trees? Pick one and off I go. It seems the vehicles are a little more complex than that. Why don't I see all of the various choices there? What am I missing? Also, what is advanced? can't figure out what it does.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

What vehicle in particular are you having questions on? Some vehicles have options that are not available. These options are "placeholders" for future planned mods.

Advanced options apply an optional graphic that overlays a CMMOS named graphic that is applied when you set a vehicle, uniform, building, etc. mod.

Using German uniforms as an example (since I wrote these rules), Andrew's summer oakleaf camo has several advanced options for trousers and helmets. By default, this mod uses feldgrau helmets and oakleaf summer camo trousers. If you select camo covers for helmets and feldgrau trousers in the advanced options, it overlays the CMMOS named texture for the helmet and trousers for Andrew's oakleaf summer camo uniform.

Then, everytime you apply Andrew's oakleaf summer camo uniform using the "standard" button (the corresponding button above the advanced buttons), it will be applied with summer camo covers on the helmets and feldgrau trousers, until you select a different advanced option that is.

Make sure you set the mod with the "standard" button after you make you advanced option selections, otherwise the advanced options will not be set.

This is true for all CMMOS mods with advanced options. Once you set an advanced option, that option will always be set when the mod is applied.

You might want to check out the excellent readme.rtf file that is installed with CMMOS if you haven't already. It is usually located in the C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions\CM Mod Option Selector folder. It explains many things about CMMOS and might help clear up some of your questions.

Hope this helps is isn't too confusing. Let me know if it is and I will try to explain further.

Keith