CMBB: Use of radio vehicals

Play the russians in 1941 and you kill for vehicles with radio. When in platoons, radio equipped vehicles stay in command when buttoned. This becomes a cruical weakness for the soviets early in the war as their tanks must button to fire, leading to a situation where you, the commander, looses control as soon as the shooting starts. Once out of command, even regular vehicles will suffer from 45+ second command delays.

That is why I would take one platoon of panzer IIs against 3 platoons of T26s or BT7s.

WWB

I believe that we all know(or will soon) the effectivness of radios for command vehicles of AFV platoons. I believe that the point being made here is what is the purpose,if any, of a vehicle like the PSW 223 Light Radio Car. Other than being a AC with a MG, is there ANY purpose in noting it has a radio when it CANNOT be bought in a platoon strength? I don't believe that it can be part of another unit, will not "take" command of another unit, and apparently is not designed in game terms to fufill its R/L role of being an armored transport for an FO, either Artillery or Air Liason.

Originally posted by fwilli001:

Sorry about that. I didn't notice the initials. Won't happen again.

Can anyone from BF.C give us some more info about these radio vehicals? Are we overlooking some fantastic feature here or are they just in there for fun?

I am not with BFC, but I was a beta tester. What I described above is their function. They are not "radio vehicles" but more properly radio-equipped vehicles.

WWB