Does the CMBO AI defend better than the CMBB AI ?

Does anyone else think that the current CMBB AI does a worse job at setting up fortifications than the one in CMBO. I've tried 2 quick battle assaults. In both the the computer defender had wire, minefields and fortifications set up on the very side and back edges of the map behind the victory flags. I don't recall this happening in CMBO much if at all. I set up a couple assault QB's in CMBO and all mines and wire were placed between the attacker and the objectives. If true I really hope it's patched soon.

I don't know about this for CMBB, but I thought it was a bit disappointing in CMBO. I would only buy fortifications for the AI in CMBO if the ground conditions were really bad such that it would be likely that roadblocks/AT mines would actually block a road and do something useful. It seems to be VERY bad at placing wire, but not so bad w/ AP mines.

I highly advise against playing QBs vs the AI. It can be a hell of a defender if an evil bastard like me sets up for it.

Quite simply no existing AI routines are capable of analyzing the complex, intricate and ephemeral data required to properly site fortifications.

WWB

Overall, it does place pillboxes rather good. I mean, most of the time they're in perfectly good firing positions, sometimes their firing sector covers only the small cafe in the corner of that heavy building. But hey, that's AI for you. All games face the same kind of problems when it comes down to it. Just don't expect overly devilish schemes from it.

All this condescending stuff about the CM AI. But I whupped all of your tails when you first started out. And Steve says I'm the best AI there is. And I'd still whup your tails if you didn't cheat.

Try this QB. Give me 10 PB 75s. Then try to race past me in half tracks. I'll win that one every time. I only lose because HUMANS CHEAT!

:mad: :mad: