Assault Move

Does anyone know if there will be a visual distinction between Move and Assault in CMBB? Not really a big deal for my own troops but I think that I should be able to tell the difference when looking at the enemy units.

I'm not exactly sure what I would do differently depending on which way the badguys were moving, but I think I ought to be able to tell by looking.

Actually Ted, you DO get visible indication of what order a unit is *currently* carrying out, at least for friendly units.

What do I speak of? Well its a new display in the unit interface. What it shows is the type of terrain a unit is currently located in as well as what order the unit is currently carrying out.

It's a very helpful addition that I don't think we have spoke about too much.

For enemy units you will see what terrain they are currently in and if FOW is off you can also see what orders they are carrying out. Pretty cool to play with no FOW and watch what the computer opponent REALLY orders.

I always play with the new EXTREME FOW option though and as such I rarely get full unit ID's anyway. By watching the enemy units closely (how fast they are moving, the amount of outgoing fire etc..) you can figure out what they are up to even without the aid of this display.

In some older CMBB screenshots I believe you can see this little window in the unit display panel at the bottom of the screen. Either way, I be posting some screenshots in the future that I will ensure show this feature.

Madmatt

[ February 04, 2002, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]