COMBAT MISSIONS: PzKpfw V- Ausf A, G

Panthers:

Intro:

The great granddaddys of all modern tanks. In order to keep weight low enough while adequate protection. It was realized that one could not provide adequate protection on all sides while keeping weight reasonable. So the Germans made the front impenitrable while leaving the sides permiable. And they made sure it could reach out and touch someone.

Strengths:

-Nearly impenitrable frontal armor.

-Rediculously good MA. It can kill damn near anything without worry.

-Probably the most mobile in the world until the T-55 came along. Definitely the most mobile medium tank in CM. I have only seen one bog down, and that was in deep snow with a green crew.

Weaknesses:

-Heavy frontal armor gives a false sense of invincibility. The side & rear armor is not that much stronger than a Panzer IVs. Many a Panther has fallen victim to a stalking Stuart.

-The turret speed is painfully slow. Forget trying to track fast moving hellcats, or even Shermans.

-The lower hull armor is significantly weaker than the rest of the frontal armor.

Best Manner Used:

-The ultimate anti-tank tank. It suffers in close infantry support, due to weak side and rear armor.

-Also great for leading columns presuming flank protection. Many an ATG has been shelled to death after bouncing a shot or two off of the front Glacis.

-If at all possible, keep it hull down to hide the lower hull's weak armor.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.