Question about LOS lines with AFV's , 1 screenshot as "prove" included...

Monty

Here is my question guys:

I sometimes see AFV's have LOS on an enemy vehicle, but the red target line goes THROUGH the edge of 1 or even 2 buildings !

Like here:

cm0075.jpg

When i check with level 1 vision, i can NOT see the enemy target. The buildings block los 100 %.

Im shure this topic was discussed before, but can somebody give me some info about it please ??

Monty aka Moose

The graphic (the houses that you see on the screen) do not accurately represent what is going on in the computer. Similarly, what you see as the edge of a woods won't necessarily be where the computer sees it.

This discrepency is regretable because it can be confusing, as you have discovered. The solution is to trust the LOS tool or the set target tool, which will tell you what the computer sees. Also, when you are setting waypoints, watch the report on the terrain rather than looking at the terrain itself.

Michael

A direct fire order can sometimes be issued against a target that is out of LOS but might come into LOS during the following action phase. The firing unit will track the targeted unit for a few seconds and fire if it comes into LOS. If it does not come into LOS the target order will be canceled but the targeted unit will have a higher priority to be retargeted if it comes into LOS later.