Please use the 808 option pack for early PzVIE tiger.

Oh yeah, for people that are new in CM and don't know, when you use the number, it will be the same on all the early VIE tigers. So if you have three in the game they will all have 808. So if your a stickler for realism, you may not want to use the number.

One way around the problem is to put the turret number on the rear of the turret stowage box. Of course all tanks in the platoon would still have the same number, but if you use 1 each of the different Tiger I versions (early, late, steel wheels, etc)you can have a different number for each of them.

Of course if you're doing say, a 1942 scenario, you'll have to put panzer grey paint on all of the Tiger I variants..

Tracer.....the (3) different numbers on the rear turret bin is possible if you are going to have all the Tiger I s from early 1944 onwards..otherwise you wil not be able to buy a late Tiger I in 1942 as it was not made yet..same for the mid production Tiger I.

There is a work around though if u can live with it.

Thanks to Dan the Tiger turret is made up of 2 sections..the side and the rear.

The rear part contains both the turret bin...and the left AND right side of the turret.

It should be possible to have complete numbers without suffering the mirror effect if u can live with the 'artistic" placement of these numbers over the escape hatch and the other port on the early Tiger turret.

If u look closely at the turret ..you will see where the wrap around of the rear meets/joins with the side bmp.

There was one unit of Tigers ..the sPzAbt 510 who placed their numbers in these locations.

This was a late war unit and AFAIK used only late production Tiger Is and some Tiger II.

Hope this is of some help.

best

Måkjager

[ November 09, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]