Advance/Assault movement animation

I've been watching all these battles and ordering my troops to make use of these great new commands like assualt and advance, but I'm disappointed to see that the animation for the new commands is simply the same as the fast run command.

Reading the descriptions of these new commands I'd hoped for something a little different. I think the description of advance was something like "moving quickly from one piece of cover to another while providing covering fire". From this I hoped to see my little men run forward for about two seconds, then kneel and raise their gun for two seconds, then repeat (both of these animations already exist, this would just combine them in a new way). The result is that they would still move forward at the same speed as "move", but it would be obvious they were doing much more. If the two or three men displayed for the squad were to do this out of phase with each other you'd get a neat impression of covering fire being used.

I know only the updated models and critical bugs are being looked at for patches, but it sure would be neat to see this in CMBB. Perhaps it might make in into the engine rewrite though.

-Andy

I know that one of the fellas at BTS (I think it is CHARLES himself) was/is an animator and does the animations.

I myself am an animator and would LOVE to get my hands on a project where I could animate troopies on the assault.

It WOULD be a nice change for the animations to mirror the new commands. But they mostly work just fine as it is.

It would be great fun to animate Grenade throwers. Scurrying troops. Crawling. Hit/wounded troopers. Close combat. Tank commanders swaying in their cupola's. Good stuff, no?

Maybe for the engine rewrite. smile.gif

Gpig