Best Scenarios as tutorials for a CM beginner ?

Hello ! I'm totally new to Combat Mission which I received only yesterday ( played the Demos only ).

CM is in fact my first TBS game I purchased . All my friends are strongly and exclusively RTS fans ( I should say " hostile" to TBS ) . When they discovered that I purchased CM they advised me to find the sooner as possible a good therapist or to enter a Mental Institution , some even suggest I suffer of some brain damage ! When I enter a room , folks are smiling , the place becomes suddenly silent ...The new TBS addict entered the room ! . So, can only rely on CM experienced gamers's advice to smoothly enter this kind of game.

Now seriously... Until now I only played with the different TBS games Demos and was always very much impressed by the historical accuracy and the profound strategic possibilities of most of them (unlike the ridicule one of RTS like Command and Conquer , Red Alert or the other clones).On the other hand I disliked their non realistic graphic aspect ( except Steel Panther ) . It was feeling too "academic" for me and did not give me the feeling of being there.( of course no game is like really "being there" ! ).

The only games which , for me, combined both world ( strategy and good graphic ) were Close Combat II , III and V ...

And then came CM Demos : it looks like the most serious realistic Strategic game I ever played with , combined with realistic graphic . I played the Tutorial scenario but I feel that I need some more , small and easy scenarios . What are the easier scenarios of the CD and which are the best easy scenarios I may find in the " Combat Mission Scenario Depot " site . There is a kind of Stars Rating system there . What the difference between white, brown or gold stars ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Crockett,

Judge not your RTS brethren, for they know not what they do. Having never partaken of the delights of a satisfying "hull-down" kill biggrin.gif they can never imagine what it means to be a CM addict.

Now soldier, as far as your indoctrination into the corp. might I suggest you try first some scenarios that are small, so has not to overwhelm you with managing too many units.

From CMHQ Scenario Depot you may want to try...

1.Three Little Stuarts.

2. The Pouppeville Exit.

3. Indian Fighting.

Hope that gets you started well!

gp

There are numerous smaller, quick play scenarios out there, Crockett.

I would also recommend the tutorial scenario for a general intro to the game system. Pretty good little battle, too.

For urban fighting, try

Aachen

For fighting in the open,

Wiltz (on Game CD)

Fear in the Fog (on Game CD)

Son (on Game CD)

Villers Bocage - Tiger! (on game CD)

Bruyeres (on game CD)

The following are not on the game CD but can be found at various CM websites:

http://combathq.thegamers.net

http://www.combatmissions.co.uk/

http://cm4mac.tripod.com/

Madmatt, Colin and Manx are three guys who have worked very hard to offer good game support. There are many others that do the same. These, however, have the scenarios available.

Combat - US 1 Platoon 1 tank against defenses

Bruneval

Periers - Roaring Rescue

Maastricht - Tanks only (CMHQ Scenario Depot)

Keep Nimtz Alive - Very good action

Ramelle-Saving Private Ryan

That should be enough to really get you going! Good hunting!

Wild Bill

------------------

Thanks for your quick answer .

I'll do some download and try some easy scenarios you suggested and really hope to do some good hunting .

So far it seems that purchasing CM was good hunting

Thanks , and I hope that when I'll get some experience we may hunt each other

during an online game .

Crockett

Guest MantaRay

Also, Wild Bill made a really great scenario named: Night at Cheneux. Still the best night fighting scenario, and it is small. Play it as Allies first. And best of all, it came with the CD.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder