What about the rotate turret command?

I thought there was to be a rotate turret command on tanks.. i'm not talking about cover arc though..

When you rotate a tank that you gave the cover arc order, the arc will turn together with the vehicle.. but what i mean is a command that keeps the turret in place regardless of the direction you face the vehicle (of course as soon as an enemy is seen it engages target)

So what about it?

And what about an order to rotate your vehicles in such a way that they keep facing that direction regardless of any enemies.. currently my Pz IIIs are slaughtered when they turn with the hull towards an AT rifle and expose their flanks to an AT gun..i would like my tanks to assume mahlzeit position without rotating back to the enemy again..

Or is this in already? kinda?

Regards,

Gryphon

I think you're out of luck. The Cover Arc command is as close as CM is going to get to a 'rotate turret' command at this point in its development. I can't imagine any further commands being added at this stage - in fact I can say that is a near certainty.

While it may not give you the exact pin-pointedness you were hoping for in all situations, it is a very large improvement over CMBO. Perhaps some tweaking to the TacAI's hull rotation based on threat could be minimized a bit in regards to ATR's (though lower side hull penetrations are one of the easier spots to penetrate AFVs with ATR's).

[ September 10, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Well, can't imagine any commands being added this late either, but i wondered if it was missing in the demo smile.gif i didn't hear that it didn't make the cut :|

I hope the 2 things above will be added to CMII though smile.gif

EDIT: Putting a Tiger in mahlzeit position could make it even more deadly than it already is smile.gif

Regards,

Gryphon

[ September 10, 2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Gryphon ]

I'm in a slightly different boat, I was under the original impression that covered arc would be "cover THAT".

After getting over my initial confusion (I hadn't expected to see the arc moving with the tank) I've adjusted. It means a little extra work and/or making the covered arc big enough to include the area of interest even if moving, but it works well enough for me.