Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Combat Mission 2 preview in PC Zone this month!

Yes, I have it here. PC Zone have done a CDV Strategy Special (don't all cheer at once), which includes Cossacks 2, Blitzkrieg, Project Nomads, American Conquest, Imperium Galactica III and our own, beloved Combat Mission.

Apparently, they are the world's most daring publisher of strategy games. :rolleyes:

However, let me paraphrase - all quotes below come from the PC Zone preview of Combat Mission 2 (it's been out for a month, guys, but never mind) and are their work, not mine. I recommend you buy the mag if you want to read the one-page article in full (Sudden Strike 2 got 3 pages :( )

"Combat Mission did for strategy games what Saving Private Ryan did for war movies and what Medal of Honor did for first-person shooters - it put you right in the heart of the battle...."

"That playing Combat Mission produced such a visceral adrenaline rush was all the more incredible considering it is possibly the most realistic and tactically intricate wargame ever produced. Just ask the real-life officers and military historians that are part of its ardent online following....." [Hey. That's us. :cool: ]

"For anyone with a hankering to simulate realistic combat, or to get a tactical fix that will send your brain spinning, Combat Mission 2 looks to be streets ahead. It won't be for everyone, but if you like the look of what you see, this is definitely one to get your hands on."

Spalling mistooks are all myne.