resolution

dor

thanks,Michael.In fact I have a 8 Megs Video card,and I thought that if I reset the resolution,the game'll run better,but it won't allow a lower resolution.Even with this 8 Meg card it runs pretty well(except some ground features are mirrored in the sky,and the soldiers looks like they wear the uniform inside out).

I overheared that this deficiency can be solved even if I have an 8 MB Video card,but I don't know how!

I would appreciate an answer that could bring me the real graphics of CM.

I'd guess that you're running at 800x600, which is the minimum resolution for CMBB (CMBO could handle down to 640x480). An 8Mb video card is below the recommended amount of VRAM for CMBB, which is 16Mb of VRAM. However, as you're already awaree, CMBB can work with 8Mb video cards (possibly even 4Mb ones). Most 8Mb video cards are 'off the market' right now and typically haven't seen much in the way of driver updates lately. Most likely the issue that you're seeing in terms of video quality may be due to the video driver, however it is possible that you are already running the latest drivers available.

I assume that you're running under Windows. Which video card (chipset or brand) are you running (sometimes you can tell from the Disply? Do you know which version of DirectX you have installed (though a newer version most likely won't help your problem) ?

[ November 23, 2002, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

I have an S3 Trio 3D/2X Rev C.Software version 4.0 8MB memory.But I must say I was using the same for CMBO (wich I assume does not require a 16 MB card)and having the same problems.Is any other possibility to play a normal CMBB with my 8 MB video card?

It's an issue of drivers. The drivers for that video card are causing the problems that you're seeing in both CMBO and CMBB. The S3 Trio chips are quite dated at this point and have very little 3D rendering capability. You can get the latest drivers from S3 Graphics (but I'm having problems getting to the site at the moment - I believe there should be some Trio drivers at this site) or if you're running Win9x/ME you can get them from here (the 'download by http' or 'ftp' links). To be honest though you may already have these and/or they won't improve your situation. S3 was a bit notorious for not addressing a lot of game incompatibilities with their drivers. It's possible that even if the above drivers are newer than what you currently have, there's still a possibility that they may actually cause more problems than they solve, but I don't know.

Which particular version of Windows are you running ?

[ November 23, 2002, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Well you can try the above mentioned links to find a newer driver. Which version of DirectX do you have installed ?

With CMBB and your 8Mb S3 Trio card, 800x600 might be the maximum resolution that you can support (for CMBB, since it is a 3D game). Unfortunately you can't go below 800x600 since that's the minimum supported resolution. 640x480 is supported for CMBO in both hardware and software rendering, but it is no longer an option in CMBB.