Problems with search function ?

I've tried searching for the answers to a couple of questions in the back posts, problem is every time I do all that happens is it states searching for web page for about 5 minutes and then disconnects me...

Has anybody else had this happen, it's the only forum on which this happens to me so I wondered if there was some kind of problem ?

There was a time when it worked pretty well, maybe a year or so ago. Everyone would point a newbie to the search when a question was asked. Now ofcourse, it is just to get them out of the forum area. smile.gif

Alas the size of the database is probably far too large for the thing to properly handle. Only suggestion I know is to try and carve down the variences you tell it to search through, like using subject only instead of text.

Otherwise there isn't any fix I know about. As I say, I haven't been able to find anything for about a year now. The buttons look nice though. :D

Originally posted by Agentorange:

I've tried searching for the answers to a couple of questions in the back posts, problem is every time I do all that happens is it states searching for web page for about 5 minutes and then disconnects me...

Has anybody else had this happen, it's the only forum on which this happens to me so I wondered if there was some kind of problem ?

What are your questions?

I receive this message when I try and do a search:

An error has occured:

Can't locate Data/Dumper.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./Modules . /var/www/cgi-bin/bbs /var/www/cgi-bin/bbs/Modules /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /var/www/cgi-bin/bbs/ubb_search.cgi line 1014.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/cgi-bin/bbs/ubb_search.cgi line 1014.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

Yeah, it was a bug in the new release, I fixed it.

One of these days I will figure out how to update our version of Perl on this server and that should result in a HUGE speed increase, unfortuantely I don't have the time to do this at this time.

If anyone out there is a whiz with Linux, Redhat and Perl and want's to offer a helping hand, send me an email!

Madmatt