How to create a 4000m x 1200m map and put a QB onto it?

I can create a large map using the editor. I can create a QB. But somehow cannot put both together. In order to get a very large map using the QB I need to purchase a huge force. I dont want to do that. I want a smaller computer generated force on the largest map possible. Thus reducing the "shoot out" effect.

I'll just confirm that you can't do this by yourself.

However, there's nothing that prevents you from using a third person as QB generator/moderator. Send that person your map, and each player sends a unit setup and the moderator finish the details.

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Srategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Yeah we need to be doing this more. CC had the same idea but you had to use their maps. But it sounds like olle petersson is voluntering for you and all you friends. J/K We need like 5 guys with the time to take reguests and be moderators. Great idea too bad I don't got the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Yeah we need to be doing this more. CC had the same idea but you had to use their maps. But it sounds like olle petersson is voluntering for you and all you friends. J/K We need like 5 guys with the time to take reguests and be moderators. Great idea too bad I don't got the time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Just send me your map requests, and I'll set it up. No more 7500pt setups, please.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Just send me your map requests, and I'll set it up. No more 7500pt setups, please.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But Gustav, that was one hell of a setup you did for us smile.gif. I'm in turn 24 of another 75 turn, 7500 point battle on a map that I created. Havermeyer bought our units for us (I'm not playing Havermeyer in this one). It is one hell of a good time. He went Hetzers and Jadgpanzers, I went mostly infantry (well, mostly now since all my tanks are dead). We have two rivers with 3 bridges across each river. The rivers seperate the maps into thirds. You must simultaneously attack and defend. And it's foggy out.

To address the first question, you cannot get 4000x1200, but you probably figured that out already. We made our something like 2400m long by whatever the max width was. Havermeyer and I are playing in a map he created and his is 2800m long by whatever. Not much flanking room in that one.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Thanks, Juardis. Actually, doing the map was kind of fun (adding my sig and orchards), but all the unit purchases were a bit of a pain. Glad you're doing another mega battle. Send me a movie file.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska