If i Love CM1 do I need CM2?

RnR

I am perfectly happy with Beyond Overlord and the editor included - am I missing out on life if I don't get Barbarossa? Are they THAT different if one is mostly interested in the mechanics of warfare as opposed to the historical aspects? Yes i got the demo (took me three days of start and stop downloading yes I am a 56ker and suck) and who wants to PBEM me with the demo version? I only saw full version matchups on the multiplayer forum

Ciao!

Eric

Originally posted by RnR:

I am perfectly happy with Beyond Overlord and the editor included - am I missing out on life if I don't get Barbarossa? Are they THAT different if one is mostly interested in the mechanics of warfare as opposed to the historical aspects? Yes i got the demo (took me three days of start and stop downloading yes I am a 56ker and suck) and who wants to PBEM me with the demo version? I only saw full version matchups on the multiplayer forum

Ciao!

Eric

CMBB, as a minimum gets you access to a hugely increased range of equipment and timescales (1941-45, Ru, Hungarian, Finn, Rumanian, etc). You say you are less interested in the history, so I assume the appeal of the Eastern front on its own is low? However, BTS have made several enhancements to the play of the game (especially to the infantry combat, and tank C&C) mean you need it if you really are in to the mechanics of combat. Tricks you may have learnt in CMBO will get you seriously shot up in CMBB. (e.g. CMBO "there's a HMG, ok guys just rush it". CMBB "there's a HMG, Oh ****, get me fire support")

In the end, you pays your money and takes your pick, but I would go for it.

Are they THAT different if one is mostly interested in the mechanics of warfare as opposed to the historical aspects?

Early war tank battles alone are worth the price.

37mm PZIII vs. BT7

PZ38(A) vs T-26E

PZII vs. T-60

And lets not leave out the late war Soviet Monster tanks like the JS-2 and ISU-152 that are readily available to take on the German "Kitties", unlike the ever scarce M26 Pershing.

"Fair" armor match ups? Imagine that!

P.S. I tried the M17 for the first time in a QB today...DEAR GOD THE FIREPOWER!