Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Lost Files, etc.

I have no explanation for what happened and what is happening still. First, I lost all my CMBO files yet the game would still load and play against the AI. PBEM files had disapeared completely! Yet the files in the CMBO program were still there!! My opponent't last PBEM file was still there along with all the previous files up through #54. Yet I could not download the last game file from my oppenent or upload my next file (#54). As a result, I deleted CMBO and reloaded it again. Then I received my opponent's next game file. I could not download it into my new PBEM file which was completely empty!! What does all this mean? Do we have to start over?

Larry

This all sounds quite strange.

I'd suggest reinstalling CMBO to the default directory (C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBO) via the installer on the CD. Patch this with 1.12 and make sure that when you run CM it is this copy that you're running (you can make a direct shortcut of the executable in this directory). Try your PBEM and see if it will load.