Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB+3Dfx 4500 AGP = screens not updating properly. Help!

I finally got access to my desktop machine and moved CMBB from my laptop to my desktop.

Install completed fine. Game starts fine, except that the screens don't update automatically. I have to trigger a repaint of the screens by clicking around and hoping I hit a button or moving the mouse over a button that changes color, etc.

If I just sit and wait it out, the screen will never update on its own, giving the appearance that the game locked up. In fact the game is running fine, I just have to prompt it along.

The major problem is when I am trying to select options on a screen. A dropdown box will appear and I can select and option, but then it just stay there uptil I can find a way to force a screen repaint to contine.

CMBO runs fine without this problem on the same computer.

PIII 800 Mhz

512 Megs of RAM

WIn98 SE + all critical updates

SB Live! with latest drivers

3dfx 4500 AGP with latest drivers

DirectX 8.1

The CMBB demo had the same issues.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I replied in the other thread about this.

It's a problem that I've seen with the Voodoos before the Voodoo 3. The Voodoo 3 & 5500 I've used haven't had this particular problem. I will have to look over the drivers that I have to see which ones I'm using. I believe that they are the latest official 3dfx drivers (1.04.xx), though it is possible that I'm using the 1.08.xx drivers with the Voodoo 5500 (which would be applicable here).