Has BTS fixed the table fog bug in CM:BB?

I have an ATI Radeon card in my computer,

and in CM:BO, along with a lot of other

games, I can't get fog effects, because

of ATI's stupid decision...

But I've heard that this was an "old"

fog effect, and that the card supports

newer ones...

Will CM:BB have fog effects for ATI cards?

Sorry, it isn't a 'bug'. ATI video cards do not support fog-tables in DirectX. Any fog you've seen in other games probably isn't using fog-tables (vertex fog) or it isn't DirectX. This isn't a problem with ATI video cards on the Mac where fog-tables are supported for the RAVE API.

Ironically the decision to use fog-tables was decided upon since more (older) cards would support them. Also, though I'm not sure, fog-tables may be less CPU intensive than the other methods of simulating fog, especially for the amount of terrain to be covered, etc.

I guess the answer to your question, as far as I know, is that CMBB will still use fog-tables to simulate fog. I'm not sure if this will be changed or not for engine rewrite (which is the very next thing BTS is going to be working on - which will be completed BEFORE the next CM release to my knowledge). With the possibility of OpenGL being used as the graphics API (at least on the Mac and maybe for the PC) this issue may disappear - depending on the OpenGL driver support.

[ March 15, 2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]