Tank Trap (Huge and Small versions)

I have perfected the "Road to Luneville" scenario. Here are the improvements:

+ Detailed order of battle for entire 111th Pz Brigade (Bde.).

+ Easier-to-use mapboard

+ Balanced victory conditions

+ "Feel good" scenario against AI, good for "hotseat tournament" play.

Also, a small version of the same has been created. It is called, "Tank Trap (Small)."

The Huge version has over 150 vehicles on both sides combined, and it includes somewhere between 2 and 3 battalions of infantry between the sides. It is 45 turns on a map over 2km x 2km across.

The small version has roughly 2 companies (german) attacking through 2/3 of one company (u.s.). At 20 turns, it is perfect for mirrored PBEM or TCP/IP. The map is 960m x 960m.

The Huge version is for those who like gigantic CMBO battles; every German unit slot is taken up.

I played it as Germans against the AI and had a really good time.

If you have a copy of Road to Luneville and were thinking of 'firing it up,' be sure to download "Tank Trap (Huge)" instead.

If you would like to try a small U.S. Cavalry screening action, download "Tank Trap (Small)."

Both scenarios should be appearing at both Combat Missions and Combat Mission Scenario Depot in the near future.

Tank Trap (Huge and Small) are simply my finest contributions to the world of CMBO.

Andy

I have found some more information, part of which talks about the action portrayed here:

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/9517/page76.html

apparently, the actual battle was elements of the 111th (6 panthers, infantry), against c, e, and f troops (companies) of the 42nd.

so the tank trap (huge) expands upon this and has the entire 111th against the entire 42nd.

20,000 points worth =grin=

anyway, the link provided above is fairly interesting, and is apparently but a small part (a part of chapter 4) of a in-depth overall work on u.s. cavalry ops.

andy