CMMOS revamp project for CMBO

Thought I would drop a quick note about the CMMOS revamp project. I have it maybe 90% done now with 233 CMMOS mods, some of these have several individual mods in them, a collection they are called. I have the terrain files done as well as most mods, allied and axis. But a few involved mods are still left to do.

One big bit of news is the Theater Conversions mod. It has my Desert Fox/Desert Rats (DFDR), Fading Hopes (which is the invasion of Poland and France in 1939-40), Maguas and Clubfoots Normandy/Utah Beach mod, plus Tom's Ardennes Battle of the Bulge mod which includes a special mod for Otto Skorzeny's Panzer Group 150. The German infantry are wearing US uniforms including optional MP armbands and carrying US rifles. There is a great chance of a Panther redone to look like a M10 tank hunter and a StuG in Army marking and colors, not whitewashed now.

These can be added with a few simple clicks and uninstalled as well.

I discovered some terrain mods I have never seen before including some open ground mods by Aszurom which are gridded, one uses a hex grid. Add in Mike Dorosh's ASL interface mod and you have something that looks like a 3D version of Squad Leader. You have to see it to believe it.

I Mark Peter's tank girl interface mods as well.

Darknight has nearly completed his British 21st Army group uniform mod, a massive project nearly 60 meg in size if not more. It covers so much there isn't enough room to cover it all.

Some bad news is that there is no way to install wav files via CMMOS. There is a bug somewhere in there and I have no way to trace it down. This means that the "Hills Are Alive" mods (696 megs worth) which permit you to select the start up music as a simple click cannot be installed.

Saddly this also means that I cannot do the speech files for the Pacific nor Frontovik mods.

Gamers can installed the wav files manually, so if you have no problem with this I can easily create a zip file with the original files and the alternate options so you can change the files yourself. This is the only way to do wav files.

Well, back to modding have have more to do.

MikeT

Looking forward to trying some of them.

Will they be compatable with the old rule sets and mods for the ones I already have, ie can the new and old rule sets and mods be used at the same time or do we need to completely start again?

Thanks for all the work you have put in.

Mark, the revamp redid EVERYTHING!! Literally. There are revamped rulesets, there are NEW ruelsets. I even dropped and consolidated some terrain rulesets. Basically I made it installed, work, and appear more like CMBB.

For you, you will just need to remove all you have a start loading the new mods.

The biggest fear is that some mods might not work. I have fixed, and easily fixed, some mistakes. But with 200 and counting mods I am sure some will not work as I wanted.

If someone has the ability to post some screenshots I can take some easily and we can get the posted on the forum.

MikeT