Installing winter version mods

Hello, I stopped playing CMBO for a while and am now back into the game. As I was surfing around websites devoting to this great game, I discovered all kinds of great mods available for downloading. Now, I just have a simple question about how to install winter mods. I realize that the winter version of CM units (e.g. armor and infantry) does not come with the original game. So when installing winter mods, do I just copy the winter mod bmp into the CMBO bmp directory and the winter version will appear in snow covered scenarios. Or do I need stuff like CMMO or batch files to swap the files for armors and infantry units to appear in winter version. For example, how would I install bmp #15010, 15011, 15012, 15013, 15014, and 5015 in Andrew Fox's great British uniform mod for the winter version to appear in proper circumstance (i.e. when the map is snow covered)? Thank you in advance.

First off, if you're on a Mac its a tad more complicated than the PC way of just slipping BMPs into a folder, but I have no reason to think you're a Mac user. Just a heads up if you are.

As for PC, all you have to do is put the winter graphic in the graphics folder with everything else. There is a different number for winter textures that the game looks for under winter circumstances. If it doesn't find anything, it uses the regular graphics. So, as long as the alternate .bmp is numbered correctly, its a "fire and forget" method of installation.

Every mod I have ever seen naturally has the correct number (some might have #####A.bmp, or a letter in it. This designates an optional selection. Pick the one of the options you want, edit out the letter, and pop it in).

Translation: if you're on a not on a Mac, its plug and play!

Have fun!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by busboy:

As for PC, all you have to do is put the winter graphic in the graphics folder with everything else. There is a different number for winter textures that the game looks for under winter circumstances. If it doesn't find anything, it uses the regular graphics. So, as long as the alternate .bmp is numbered correctly, its a "fire and forget" method of installation.

<hr></blockquote>

Is there someplace to just get a simple single download of Winter vehicle/unit modes without ending up with various terrain mods too?

Thanks.

Well, there are a few "Mod Packs" out there.

However, if you don't want terrian, and only winter vehicles, then you have to download them individually. Find what you need/want and go hinting. The CMHQ is the best place to start your search.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by busboy:

Well, there are a few "Mod Packs" out there.

However, if you don't want terrian, and only winter vehicles, then you have to download them individually. Find what you need/want and go hinting. The CMHQ is the best place to start your search.<hr></blockquote>

Okay, I see that Combatmission has Axis vehicles/support and Allied vehicles Winter mods. But there are no Allied support Winter mods. Do you have a good suggestion as to where to get some?

Thanks.