Well it finally happened

I'm all psyched up to play CMMC2, so I thought I'd 'relive' the background of my character for the game and play a game set in December of '41, during the battle of Moscow.

It was just a quick battle on an excellent pre-made map I got at that mod website of about 1250 points, German attack. It was a really hard fought battle, but in the end, the AI Germans kicked my sorry butt. First time it's happened in CMBB (excepting Citadel Schwerpunkt in the demo, which I am convinced is TOTALLY UNWINNABLE as the Soviets - but that is an argument for many months and battlefields ago). I'd been so used to trouncing the AI with T-34s, that I forgot how delicate the M40 and M41 models are. Especially with conscript crews. In the end, I had seven burning T-26s, ten knocked out T-34s, a bunch of dead German infantry (gotta love cannister!) and no victory locations.

A sad day for me indeed. I'd always mirthed at all the complaints from you layfolk about how the AI was entirely too difficult, then go and slaughter the Das Reich division with a T-34 and a barrel of monkeys. I have seen the white elephant now. You are my comrades in arms.

[ November 19, 2002, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: fytinghellfish ]