Mac can't load 3d graphics

I am attempting to run the game on my Mac Powerbook G3 (bronze)/400. I get through the movie, select the scenario, select game variables, see briefing, etc. A screen pops up stating that it is loading 3D graphics, and nothing else really happens. After a few seconds, I hear the ambient noises of the battlefield (birds chirping, guns booming, etc.), but the screen never changes.

*I've tried disabling extensions.

*I've tried allocating more memory to the game

*I've tried skipping the quicktime movie.

*I've tried various color and resolution combinations.

HELP!!!

Matt

msg74@juno.com

I have the same problem as well. Mac Powerbook (bronze keyboard) running OS 8.XX. I know that the graphics SHOULD work, because if I go to create scenario and then preview the map, the 3D view comes up fine. I've also tried disabling extensions, but can only get the gane to run in software 3D mode at low resolution (turning off all ATI related extensions). Not very satisfying....

Eugene

Guest Big Time Software

1. If you're running Norton Disklight - turn it OFF.

2. Try setting your desktop to 640x480 before launching CM. If that works, try 800x600 (or 832x624).

3. The backside cache may be causing problems. You can disable it with "G3/G4 Cache Profiler" from www.powerlogix.com . I think it's free.

4. Have you downloaded the very latest drivers (i.e. extensions) from ATI? www.atitech.ca . I think what you want is ATI Universal Installer 3.3.

Charles

Thanks BTS. Step #4 above did the trick. Downloaded ATI Universal Installer 4.2. For PowerBook G3 users, you will need to use the custom install and select the Xclaim 3D Plus option (the Easy Install will not detect the non-retail graphics chips).

Works like a champ now....

Eugene