A Question about McMMM

It means McMMM has managed to get confused about what mods have been applied, in a way that I wasn't expecting at all.

It appears to McMMM that the BMP has not been changed by McMMM in the past, and yet McMMM has a record telling it which BMP replaced that one in the past.

You're not totally screwed, though it may mean that McMMM can't uninstall that Mod.

If it keeps saying this in an irritating way, or you need some help getting something sorted, post again.

If it just said it once, but now its not complaining anymore, you should probably just carry on...

If you want to "make sure" you're cleaned it up you can "start again"...

- Use McMMM to uninstall all the mods.

- Delete the .mcd files that McMMM created

- 'redo' the mods.

If you can reproduce this error message, in a way that I could copy and get the same message, it would be fantastic. I haven't yet been able to persuade McMMM to get confused in this way, so I can't find out how it happens or stop it from happening again!

GaJ

Thanks for the reply, I'm relived, I thought I wrecked my game.

This message only appeared once and never showed again, and I don't have any problems in game so I think I'm fine.

Thanks GreenAsJade

EDIT: It does uninstall the mod also in

McMMM but not in game, but I'm fine with that.

[ July 11, 2007, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Tank Killer ]

Sorry that McMMM goofed for you in that case - irritating!

This is one of those things that "theoretically can't happen, but McMMM checks to make sure" ... and sure enough once in a blue moon it does happen.

If ever you find out how to make it happen reliably, do let me know, 'cause I'd love to be able to stop it happening completely!

GaJ

Edit: maybe I should have a less scary warning message :eek: Sorry about that. I really wasn't expecting that message to be displayed to anyone other than me while I was developing!