ATI gamma problem CAT 4.7

i got ride of my old gamma problem by uninstalling rage3dtweak.

i installed the latest drivers. no matter what i set the in game gamma to, when i minimize or exit the game, my screen is lighter. if i open ati control panel, it refreshes the screen automatically to the correct shade.

is there a setting i can change? or a hotkey?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else with this problem.

after the first post, i installed an old monitor which was going very dark. i used the ati control panel, color tab, to lighten the gamma and saved the setting as my name and the number.

i made three different settings for different problems.

cmak was way too dark to play. sergei suggested pbem helper program. it has multiple gamma settings (more than alt g) once you are in the game. saved me from grief. you can adjust while playing too. if an op goes from day to night and you cant see, just pick the next higher number. way to cool.

when i exit or alt tab the game, my desktop goes back to default dark. i open the ati control panel and it resets the screen. i need a hotkey.

thanks to sergei.