Playtester for Urban Assault

I am seeking a few playtesters for a scenario I designed. Heights - To the Top!.

Overview -- Americans assault Germans in hilly city terrain. Germans hold superior position overlooking Americans who must advance out of the lowlands, cross a minor river, and battle their way to the top of The Heights. Americans will rely on their artillery strength. Map size is about 800m x 1200m (not big at all considering the forces involved). Forces are mix of infantry with armor support. About 5,000 points of artillery/air combined. (YEAH! :D )Play as American.

I've playtested this all the way through myself and had a good fight. Made some minor changes here and there. Good fun advancing block by block, taking on strongholds, hunting snipers, stalking tanks, tripping nasty surprises, and tearing down entire neighborhoods.

This is the last of three battles I've created featuring variations of this map. By the time I was testing this one, I was more than happy to blow this city to smithereens. :eek:

I'd prefer to get two testers to give it a run through against the AI before officially releasing it. Naming rights are still available! As I did on other scenarios with this map, I'll name one of the churches or other landmarks after the playtesters. Be the first CM player on your block to have a smoking pile of rubble named after you! :D

Download from The Proving Grounds (Heights - To the Top!) . If you don't want to register at TPG -- leave me a message here and I will email the file to you.

Thanks,

Bannon

Bluesteak --

I DL'ed from TPG and tested on my machine. Worked fine. I emailed you the file to the address in your profile. Let me know if you have any trouble.

I don't think anything with the scenario would cause a crash. The map is not too big, but does have a fair number of buildings. No mods used. Usually the only time I crash CMAK is when I have the CMBB disc in the drive by mistake! ehehe.

Good luck if you decide to take command.

Bannon

Bluestreak --

I checked with a few other people who have DL'ed the scenario, including one person who I know has the non-U.S. version -- all report no problems. Sorry, must be something local on your computer. I'm out of ideas -- maybe someone in the Tech Support forum can help.

On that note --

Still seeking a playtester or two for this battle. smile.gif

thanks,

Bannon

BUMPING

BTW -- for those of you following this story, Blue Streak is back on track and has upgraded to 1.03. smile.gif

Since you CM'ers in the States have a long weekend... :D;)

I think a couple people may be playing this one, but I have not had any reports yet. Give it a go. As stated, I don't want to release it until I have had a playtester give it a good run.

Enjoy the holiday... I'll be at the beach!

Bannon

Originally posted by SGT_Gold:

I'll play test if you need another player.

Sgt --

I emailed this scenario to you in case you are not registered at TPG.

Anyone --

I got a few downloads at TPG over the holiday weekend -- but still need a playtester or two (have only received one short cryptic message from one playtester. :rolleyes:tongue.gif ) eheheh. So anyone else who wants to take a look -- please do.

I'll be out of town for a week at the beach again -- life is hard. :D So, if interested in the meantime, please download from TPG at the link in the original post. You need to register on the site if you have not already -- no spam or other pesky stuff when registering. smile.gif

I'll be drinking umbrella drinks while you are ducking MG42 bullets and dodging 81mm mortars. Cheers! :cool:

Bannon