CMBO Won't Start

I've been playing all four Combat Mission games since they came out. About a week ago, my CMBO stopped working? The other three work just fine. For CMBO, when I start the program, I get the initial drum beat, then it hangs up. After a while it asks to send an error report to Microsoft, then returns to my desktop. I've tried deleting the .prf file, deleting the movie file, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Mike

Try backing up your sound, scenario, and bmp folders (assuming you have modded them). Then delete the CMBO program, reinstall, and paste the modded folders back in.

This may not do anything, but if something got corrupted somewhere, it would probably fix it. CMBO is similar enough to CMBB and CMAK that it's weird to only lose CMBO.

There's a whole host of reasons why a program might stop working, and there are scads of people here better qualifed to comment. If the problem persists you might want to tell us what your system looks like, what changes you've made to it in the last month, etc..