airborne uniform

uk airborne uniform i belive looked like this

uniform8.jpg

as the Reenacted shows us ;)

The ingame uniform looks like this

airborne.bmp

and the only uk airborne mod at the cmmods.com has the uniform like this

BRIT_AB.JPG

my question, does the uniform the reenactor has does this model what the airborne uniform looked like for the paras in afrika and sciliy?

If not does the ingame or the mod model the uniform for the theater correctly?

IF the top one is the one which was used irl, is there a mod which adds the uniform to the game, and if so where would i be able to find it?

thanks smile.gif

The reenactor dude carries a bit more field gear, and the coloring of his Denison smock is a bit different, but otherwise they're the same uniform.

My version pictured here was modeled after original and reproduction Denison smocks. I tried to make the colors look more like those in weathered examples, as opposed to new ones. The trouser texture represents the lighter weight denim battledress worn by some Commonwealth airborne troops in Sicily and Italy. There is an alternate brown wool BD texture included in the set as well.

The smock proportions should be a little different, but that's an issue with the 3D model, not the textures.

ah right ok smile.gif

The smock that dude wears thou ive seen in other places and even in a bridge too far, so were the colours slightly changed for the 2 different theaters?

About the trousers which ones did the paras wear, the brown or the greenish ones?

btw, you have some great mods smile.gif

[ January 06, 2005, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: the_enigma ]

Originally posted by the_enigma:

ah right ok smile.gif

The smock that dude wears thou ive seen in other places and even in a bridge too far, so were the colours slightly changed for the 2 different theaters?

About the trousers which ones did the paras wear, the brown or the greenish ones?

btw, you have some great mods smile.gif

As Andrew pointed out, they wore both types of trousers, depending on the weather. In warm climes, the denims were worn, in temperate the wool pants, and in colder weather, the denims could be worn overtop the wool pants for an additional layer.

The Denison smock was issued in WW II, AFAIK, in one pattern, but dye lots changed, and wearing them in the sun faded them.

Most importantly, don't take movies as gospel; there were many post-war Denison patterns and these may have been used in the film. There are also varying qualities of reproduction smocks as paratroopers are very popular subjects for re-enactors. Repro smocks are most easily identified by the fact they are in Jumbo XXXL sizes and are large enough to carry a Horsa Glider in.