Geforce 2 GTS and FSAA

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hello

I have a AMD Duron 900mhz and a Hercules Geforce 2 GTS graphics card. When I enable FSAA I sometime experience slowdowns. Sometime the game runs great on large maps with 2x2 FSAA, but other times its slow as hell. This is on the same map of course.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am currently running the 6.47 drivers.

Its to bad, cause CM really looks good with FSAA enabled.

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

Guest Madmatt

Thats weird as I have a P3 900 and a Geforce II and I always run 4x4 FSAA and have not noticed any slow down compared to no FSAA.

You may want to look at some non-video specific tweaks to your system like Defragging the harddrive, fixed swap file or optimized cache settings. Those often will speed up games across the border as well as help reduce and in-game stutters that may occur.

Madmatt

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hi Matt

Well, thats interesting. What resolution do you run? I run 1280x1024.

What drivers do you currently use? Have you noticed any difference in performance between different drivers?

Thanks for your help Matt, its greatly appreciated.

Heinz

Guest Madmatt

I run in 1280x960 and use the 6.47 drivers. The 7.xx drivers are pure evil though so I would stay away from them until Nvidia can address the performance and stability issues with them. They will, they always do.

Madmatt

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I have a AMD Thunderbird 900 with a Hurcules Ge-force 2 GTS (64mb) and i also installed the latest drivers from N'Videa 6.47.

My resolution is at 1280 x 960 and i have no problems with FSAA 4x4 enabled - But Urban Operations will not run with FSAA so i have to change it between games.

I only notice a bit of slowdown or jerkiness with the trees turned on, with the trees off it is really smooth.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I notice what you mean. I have a TBird 900, an Elsa Gladiac GForce 2 GTS, and Win 2k with over 400 MB RAM. When Forced FSAA is turned on, I noticed the CM gets sporadically jerky at times. It'll be real smooth then stutter for a moment. I also have DX8 and 6.31 drivers. Another thing is that I noticed the flashing transparent text found by Win2k users disappears when FSAA is forced but reappears when FSAA is set to off.

When I turn FSAA off, the game runs without any momentary stuttering. BTW, I run in 1024x768

TeAcH

Guest Madmatt

errr..I have no idea. FSAA all comes from the hardware drivers, CM doesn't do anything with it natively.

We will just have to wait until Nvidia gets a new working version of drivers and see what happens. The 7.xx series are plaugued with problems right now though so 6.31 are the best there is, for now.

Madmatt