CD Issue

I am getting the "no CD-ROM detected" error message, despite having the CD inserted. I check the compatibility mode, per the troubleshooting guide, but that is not the problem.

I only have this trouble when I install the latest patch for the game. The game runs fine when I use the original installation.

This sounds like you're installing the wrong patch. Where did you purchase this CM game, directly from BFC via the internet or from a retail store ? How long ago did you purchase this game ? Recent releases may already be patched to the latest version.

When you patch a retail version with a patch available via Battlefront's website, you're probably applying the wrong patch. The copy protection schemes are different between the two versions and will not work properly.

You'll probably want to reinstall the game from scratch and pay attention to the version number (usually in the lower right hand corner of the main menu screen - on the first loading of the screen; subsequent loadings back to that menu will not show the version number). If this is a recent purchase you may aleady have the latest version and patching it will just cause problems.